For 40 years, the Cubs and White Sox met nearly every October for a best of seven city series. The games were taken seriously in front of sellout crowds. Players earned raises or lost their jobs based on their performance against their crosstown rivals.
From April 22 to June 24, each Wednesday, Chicago’s Civil War will take an in depth look at these games and the rivalry that they cultivated.
Episode Seven, Wherein as Many as Two World Series are Thrown – Chicago's Civil War
- Episode Seven, Wherein as Many as Two World Series are Thrown
- Episode Six, Wherein the History of Chicago is Explored
- Episode Five, Wherein the Federal League Tries to Force a Three-Team City Series
- Episode Four, Wherein a Stadium Rises, a Dynasty Falls and History is Made
- Episode Three, Wherein the World's Series is Played Entirely in Chicago